Sunday, May 8, 2011

Learning - February 3, 2011


It has been raining for the past three days and the temperature
outside has been about 45 degrees. I have been working until after
5:00pm on most nights so we have been driving home in the dark.

My work at the compound has been challenging. The police officers
there have been patient and friendly. Many people at the compound have
guns. I got another badge yesterday that will make it easier for me to
move around on the compound. My new badge says D.E.A. on it. How cool
is that?

I heard that some bombs went off around the American embassy in Kabul.
It messed up traffic for a few hours.

Being driven to and from work work is the highlight of my day. Getting
anywhere on the roads in Kabul is like being in a car race. There are
people walking, riding bikes, standing, talking on cell phones,
pushing carts in the middle of the street when traffic is going fast.
People frequently will drive the wrong way on a street to get where
they want to go. I really enjoy it.

I've been working out with Abdula. He is our security guard. He is a
local Afghani. He trains in MMA at a local gym. He has been teaching
me Persian.

The operation may be moving to a bigger and better house soon. Shuib
and Massy have been looking for houses this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment