Sunday, May 8, 2011

Changes - January 26, 2011


Left Dubai and arrived at the the airport in Kabul, Afghanistan early in the morning.  I love flying on the plane.

Shuib picked me up at the airport. He was smiling and very friendly. He has lived here all of his life. 

The roads here are very busy.  You have to be very skilled to drive here. There are no lanes painted on the roads. No stop signs and no stop lights. Everyone is very assertive when they drive. It is a contest to get where you want to go. Most of the roads are unpaved. Shuib and I talked about the weather and the local food on the way back to the house.

At the house I met Irene, she is the House administrator , and Ray who I traveled with on the way to Dubai. Irene made lunch for us and we talked .

Massy arrived arrived at the house. He is a driver and field technician for the company. He has lived in Afghanistan all of his life. He has a family here. We talked about politics, the weather and technical issues,

Massy drove us to a few of the compounds were we will be working. I met Clarence, he is our technical sight leader here. Clarence gave me a tour of compound where I will be working.

We came back to the house and Clarence gave Ray some technical training on some of our equipment and I watched.

Irene made an great dinner for herself,Clarence, Ray and Me. It was chicken burgers, French fries, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumber, and rice. We all ate. Then it was time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment